- Lettuce(baby gem or hearts of romaine work well)
- Tomatoes(any colour or type)
- Spring onions or red onions or shallots
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate mollasses
- Fresh herbs(parsley and mint are common but whatever you have)
- Old bread(Traditionally pitta)
- Lightly fry the ripped bread in olive oil.
- Wash and cut salad.
- Make dressing in an old glass jar.
- Mix everything in a shallow bowl – shake dressing well and pour over. Use your hands to mix and lightly coat the salad. Sprinkle with sumac and serve